08 september, 2018

Good times in Wilmington, Delaware

Since Serge has been working for DuPont as of April 2018, we have traveled several times to the Delaware State to explore the region. I must confess that the town Wilmington really speaks to my heart when it comes to good restaurants, very nice shops at the Christiana Mall, museums & gardens and even the landscape: a little hilly and green. And... last but not least: NO TAXES!
As we went multiple times, we got to see the different blooms of the flowers in the Longwood Gardens who have made a long life impression on me.
May 8-11
June 1-8
August 3-10
May
We went to the Melting Pot (a fondue restaurant) where we had a belated birthday dinner. We actually went to Grazi in Midland on the day of my birthday but the Melting Pot was also high on my list. 
I visited the Nemours Estate on my own while Serge was working. I was the only one taking the 1 pm tour and the lovely guide, Caroline, took me for another hour and focused on the French architecture which made me feel special.
The next day, I visited the Longwood Gardens for the first time.
June
I spent the first week of June in Wilmington where Serge was there for business and me for pleasure. 
We arrived on a Friday and decided to go walking on the boardwalks in Ocean City and Atlantic City, NJ. The weather was gorgeous.
It was nice to discover a few new states like New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Maryland.
On Saturday, we visited the Naval Academy. The next day, we visited the Hagley Museum.
Program:
June 4: Winterthur
June 5: Mt Cuba (where I met a special friend Marian)
June 8: Longwood gardens with Serge in the morning. We were lucky to be able to have seats (18 in total) on the executive flight home.
August
We spent the first 3 days in Washington before traveling to Wilmington.
Program:
Aug 5: Newseum
Aug 6: Newseum
Aug 8: Read House and gardens with Marian

Aug 9: Nemours Estate with Serge and the Longwood gardens in the evening with Marian (his boss)

Aug 10: Shopping for some shoes in DSW 













Geen opmerkingen:

Spring Break 2019

1/3: The guided tour of one hour of the Pentagon in Washington DC was a little boring. Our group was quite large, and the one and a half m...